Header

Thursday 4 December 2014

Any excuse!

I had loads to tell you about today, but I have just found out via Watchdog that my iron needs to be re-called as it is potentially lethal!

OK, not lethal, but liable to burst into flames!!  So I am off to investigate what to do.

Thankfully I do have an old serviceable one, so I will be able to get on with making binding for my Dad's cushion over the weekend, (and maybe do some shirts that have been waiting for attention for over a week).   I'm just glad I finished pressing the voile and velveteen for my latest project just before the programme.

Can't leave you without a blurry picture…


Tonight was the switching on of the Christmas lights in the village, along with a lot of free sweets, mince pies and carol singing; a little bit of fun on a drizzly freezing evening.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a lucky save there Hadley, would have been terrible to have all that voile veleveteen go up in smoke!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the shirt ironing doesn't take up too much time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm, spontaneously combusting irons are less than desirable...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Scary about the iron and glad you saw watchdog!

    ReplyDelete

I have switched over to 'Registered Users only' I am really sorry if you are now unable to comment.

PS. If you are a 'No Reply' blogger, I am not able to thank you for your comments, so please leave an email address if you want to be contactable. xxx