Header

Friday 2 January 2015

All New...

So I tinkered with the blog a little today, thought it was time for a little brighten up and some new pics in the banner.  Nothing too drastic; you probably didn't even notice, but it's one of those little niggles I have been meaning to update for ages, and it feels good to start the year off with a fresher outlook.

I even asked my dear husband to give me a makeover…


Whilst on the Christmas break, I came to the conclusion that I do miss blogging, BUT I don't want to carry on as I was before.  I won't lie, blogging every day had become a bit of a strain, and although I was never under any obligation to blog, I put pressure on myself to come up something, no matter how meagre everyday.

So going forward, I have decided that I will not be blogging on weekends.  Five times a week, most weeks, will be more than enough, and will give me the chance to step away, and maybe even have the time to comment on others people's!  As of late I have been reading on my iPad, late at night, and rarely commenting.  This makes me feel bad, so I want to fix that too.

I will no longer spend each and every evening agonising about having something to blog, nor feel the pressure to have a never-ending pile of finishes to show, it will be what it will be.

Seeing as everyone has been offering up their words of the year, #onelittleword, I think mine should definitely be…

Balance

I do not have major work-home stresses, I am so lucky to have my part-time, part-year permanent job, but there is room for improvement in how time is spent at home.  We have lived here for 4 years and things need doing, clearing, sorting, arranging, a concerted effort is needed.  The kids are less demanding, and can be trusted to entertain themselves now, so we have no excuse for not getting on with things.  And get on, this year, we will!

I want to continue to take on commissions too, but also have time to finish some of my long-standing projects, ahem; I want to have time to ponder and doodle and come up with some original-to-me ideas and use up lots and lots of fabric.

Let's see how it goes!

Next week I will be joining in the Around The World Blog Hop and re-visiting my poor show of finishes for FAL Q4.  I already have Bee blocks made for January, and a few other bits sewn over the holidays, so the pressure is off for next week already.  Good job, as I have ice-skating and going back to work to look forward to.

Have a great weekend xxx

28 comments:

  1. Love the new face! And great word - we could all do with more balance (& less baileys!). Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. great plans deary, hope they all work out! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh ffs! Left a comment and the iPad ate it. Great new look, and balance is good. I finally let go f daily blogging (and obsessing about stats) in 2014 and I'm a better person for it. Hope you find your happy place in the balancing act.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice makeover! Even five times a week is a lot of blogging and you always seem to have so much to show us, when it's not secret that is. Hope the new plans go well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's always good to be a bit of perspective on everything you do, and if it becomes too much of a bind (no pun intended), find a new way to manage it, or ditch it, I'm glad you chose the former!!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very lovely. Love your new glass ;) I've been terrible at commenting too, so join the club!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! Everyone around you, and most importantly you, will really benefit from your new word! I know it feels like the demanding public always wants more, but really they're showing appreciation for you and what you can do. No one wants you to burn yourself out and disappear! So, yay for balance! Take very good care of yourself! Magistra13 at yahoo dot com
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm noticing people aren't blogging and commenting as much as they used to, myself included. I almost gave up altogether last year, but now I'm comfortable with doing what I can, when I can, and when I feel like it. Even so, 5 days a week is a big commitment. Good luck with your 2015 plans

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have really enjoyed reading your daily bulletins and have always been full of admiration for your ability to produce something every day. Your 'reduced' goals sound epic to me, but remember doing what you want from time to time is never time wasted. Thank you and best of luck in 2015

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your's is one of my favourite blogs. It seems more real than many and of course I love to see what you are working on. But I'm sure I'm like others who would much rather you share when you have the time and energy than feel compelled to because it is another day. Boy do we women who have jobs, children, homes, pets etc etc need to take away unnecessary pressure!! Happy and balanced New Year to you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I let go of the daily posts this time last year, and now I'm letting go of the FAL I'm thinking 3 or 4 times a week will be just fine, this will be the year without stress if it kills me!

    PS, employ the kids in cleaning in and decorating, that's what my mum made me do every school holidays (she was a teacher) although it was always painting, not wallpapering, neither of us was tall enough for that in primary school ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Definitely the year to "let it go". That damn song is my mantra at the moment. Balance is a fantastic word to live by :) The makeover looks great too :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I adore the owl!!!! I have a self hosted blog and wish I knew more about changing things around. I need to find someone to help that won't charge me a fortune. 😯 I am back at the blogging world and boy did I miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your new look! No blogging at the weekend sounds like a good plan - I have no idea how on earth you manage to blog as frequently as you do, I can't even manage once a month most of the time! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your blog looks lovely. Blogging should be fun, not a chore, and your plan sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good plan Hads. You fit a lot into your life so balance is good. Loving the blog spring clean. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  17. You've a new owl, she's lovely! And hopefully your mini wall hanging is a reminder of your previous years, and successes ;-) Good on you for looking for balance in your life. I think we could all do with a bit more of that!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your new blog look, and also like your word. Sounds like you're going to have a good 2015 x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sadly blog surfing on the phone loses the blog layouts, but the new owl is Lovely! I blog when I've done something I want to share, I try and make it something I enjoy rather than a chore! (Which reminds me, I'm back to work tomorrow too, boo!) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am in awe that you are aiming for five posts a week! You definitely deserve that downtime. Hope you achieve all that you set out to in 2015.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I don't know how you ever kept up with 7 times a week! Having said that I have always enjoyed reading your blog, one of my "regulars" and I look forward to your 2015 blogs. Loving your new banner. I need to strong arm someone into helping me.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love. This. Post. Love your new look, your new outlook. Well done, Hadley, for re assessing and finding something that works for you.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh yes I definitely recommend not blogging EVERY day, I think I'd have given up by now if I did. Your new lick of paint looks lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I like your new approach to blogging - one I adopted last year but went too far to the other side so balance is a good word. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love the new "look", I'll have to research how to add a banner as well as the blog title... or you could tell us in a blog post? (only joking, no pressure...) Have a lovely, balanced New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I too quit blogging on weekends too. I even go so far as to not even look at a computer over the weekend. Breaks are good and needed. I enjoy reading your blog and will continue to do so whenever it is.
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Good luck with your balance :-) I think that's the word I picked for last year, and I failed abysmally! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love the new look. I'm so glad you decided to scale back on the blogging. It can become a chore instead of a joy. I know I feel better since I cut back. Good luck to you and your family in 2015

    ReplyDelete

I have switched over to 'Registered Users only' I am really sorry if you are now unable to comment.

PS. If you are a 'No Reply' blogger, I am not able to thank you for your comments, so please leave an email address if you want to be contactable. xxx