Header

Tuesday 27 January 2015

Slowly...

Hello there!

Apologies for yesterday - I pre-empted the success, or otherwise, of our move to BT Infinity with a scheduled post, but when it came to it, we did not change internet provider, (an ongoing saga of international phone calls and disappointment!), but after tea last night I felt really ill, and took myself off to bed and didn't get round to stopping the test card making an appearance, sorry.

I am feeling fine now, but we are still on the super-slow Virgin internet; they are in no hurry to let us go, and what with no incoming calls on our home phone, (engineer here tomorrow for that), and no way of contacting my lovely new Indian friend in the call centre directly; he has taken on my case personally, so I am on daily mobile calls at 12.30 until both sides come up with the goods.

I won't even go into my reaction to the phone bill I just received with pre-payment for the new services effective from yesterday!!

So maybe by this time next week it will all be sorted; I am not putting any (more) money on it though!

I have more chance of getting these finished in the next 7 days…


I pieced both tops over the weekend; I have ordered some fabric to sash them up to size c. 60" square.  No opportunity for better photos as yet, but they look stunning ;)

So if I vanish again, you know where I am, and I'm sure you can imagine what I will be muttering under my breath xxx

13 comments:

  1. The tulips are so gorgeous, I am particularly in love with the text fabrics used as sashing. Wishing you lots of luck getting the internet sorted. We are with Virgin too and regularly have problems, but then some parts of our village have hardly any internet access at all so we think ourselves lucky when it works.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just keep thinking how lovely the tulips are, and forget the other business!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such gorgeous tulips and don't they look fab with that text print too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving the tulip promise of a finish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you have the happy tulips to help take your mind off the other stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahh, the trials and tribulations of the modern age! Your quilts are looking lovely and the sashing is perfect ( I may have to make one of these myself!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel as if my right hand has been cut off with no internet or slow internet. I too am with Virgin but they do try in India!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how you've chosen to sash each block individually! They are going to be amazing quilts! Lucky girls!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Eek, good luck with the comms nightmare, i hate them all, they seem to have no conscience, and are completely unable to communicate, ridiculous! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are looks wonderful! Hope all gets sorted soon x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Working on pretty quilts will help with the zen over the internet mess for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just think how much more you'll get done without internet access! (Although I didn't have any for six+ hours today and got nothing done...)

    ReplyDelete

I have switched over to 'Registered Users only' I am really sorry if you are now unable to comment.

PS. If you are a 'No Reply' blogger, I am not able to thank you for your comments, so please leave an email address if you want to be contactable. xxx